Mariemont Players and director Becky Mullins announce auditions for Three Bags Full by Jerome Chodorov
1 PM Sunday, August 12th
7 PM Monday, August 13th
4101 Walton Creek Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227
January 11th-27th, 2019
A bright French farce about a greedy merchant who finds himself snookered into being a matchmaker for two daughters, one the child of his wife and the other the maid's offspring. Rebellious young ladies, a comely new maid, pregnant ladies and mistaken identities lead to explosive hilarity. A larcenous employee who has embezzled half a million dollars even offers to return it for a managerial position and the daughter's hand. Half of the loot is in diamonds and half in cash the stashes in separate but identical bags. A third identical bag contains the maid's skivvies.
Characters (acting ages vary)
• Bascom Barlow (>35) – Greedy sports goods business owner, father, husband, center of the action.
• Richard Foyle (<35) – Scheming employee of Bascom, in love with Bascom’s daughter.
• Boris (<35) – The Barlow’s chauffer, and the true love of Bascom’s daughter.
• Mr. Cottingham (>35) – Wealthy bank merchant and friend of Bascom.
• Preston Cottingham (<35) – Lazy son of Mr Cottingham. In love with the Barlow’s maid.
• Jenkins (age various) – Butler for the Barlow household
• Genevieve Barlow (>35) – Mrs. Barlow, competent, socialite, artistic.
• Angela Barlow (<35) – Bascom’s headstrong & rebellious daughter.
• Charlotte (>35) – Mysterious new maid.
• Jeanette (<35) – Young love of Richard.
• Kathleen (age various) – Irish, previous maid for the Barlow household, in love with Preston Cottingham.
Rehearsals will begin in November.
Mariemont Players and director Michael Morehead announce auditions for Outside Mullingar by John Patrick Shanley
Audition Dates and Times:
7:00 PM Sunday, September 9th, 2018
7:00 PM Wednesday, September 12th, 2018
4101 Walton Creek Road, Cincinnati, OH 45277
March 8 to 24, 2019
Set in rural Ireland, this compassionate, delightful, and deeply moving story explores with poetic passion two introverted misfits and their journey to find a kind of happiness.
• Tony Reilly, playing age 75.
• Rosemary Muldoon, playing age 36.
• Anthony Reilly, playing age 41.
• Aoife Muldoon, playing age 70.
Please bring to the audition a resume, a head shot, and a list of conflicts from December through performances. Blocking and table work may be scheduled prior to the Christmas holidays. Rehearsals will begin after New Year's Day, if possible.