Jackie Miesle, Editor
Art Kibby, Distribution
Save the Date!
Mariemont Players Spring General Membership Meeting
Date: Saturday, April 6, 2019
Location: Walton Creek Theate - 4101 Walton Creek Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227
Main course (fried chicken) and drinks will be provided. Please bring a salad, side dish or dessert to share. Evite to come.
Cast Announcement - Out of Sterno
We are excited to announce the cast of our May show, Out of Sterno by Deborah Zoe Laufer:
Dotty – Patricia Mullins
Hamel – Darren Lee
Zena – Elizabeth Malloy
Dan – Bill Hartnett
Directed by Dan Maloney, performances run May 10-26.
Dotty's life in Sterno with her husband Hamel is absolutely perfect! It's a fairy tale, it really is. True, in their seven years of marriage Hamel has forbidden her to leave their tiny apartment or speak to anyone, but Dotty is so very happy to spend her days watching video re-enactments of the day they first met. When a phone call from a mysterious woman threatens to tear her world asunder, Dotty must venture out into the vast city of Sterno, and try to discover what it is to be a "real" woman.
Out of Sterno is a coming-of-age play in an Alice in Wonderland world. It explores the triumph and heartbreak of growing up and the contradictory societal pressures women face just trying to make it across town.
Mariemont Players and director Tom Peters announce Auditions for Grease !
Mariemont Players announces auditions for “Grease”, the classic musical about teen life in the 1950’s. Grease has all the memorable songs from the original play as well as the much-loved songs from the film version.
• 7 PM Monday, February 25th
• 7 PM Wednesday, February 27th
4101 Walton Creek Rd., Cincinnati, OH 45227
Those wishing to audition are asked to prepare 16 bars of a song stylistically representable of the era of the show. Everyone will be asked to do a cold reading from the script. There will also be a short dance audition. Please dress appropriately/bring dance or athletic shoes.
All Around Town
- Dee Anne Bryll will play Sunny in the Falcon Theatre production of The Exonerated. Performance dates: January 25-February 9, 2019.
- Liz Taylor will perform in the chorus of the Cincinnati Music Theatre Studio Series production of “The Musical of Musicals: The Musical!” Performance dates: February 8, 9, 15 and 16, 2019.
- Patricia Mullins will play a number of roles in the Village Players production of Women Playing Hamlet. Performance dates: February 15-23, 2019.
- Jerry Wiesenhahn is directing the Footlighters Inc. production of First Date. Performance dates: Feb. 14-March 2, 2019.
- Jim Waldfogle is directing the Beechmont Players production of Father of the Bride. Performance dates: Feb. 15-23, 2019.
- Linda Callahan will play Gingy in The Drama Workshop’s production of Love, Loss, and What I Wore. Performance dates: February 22-March 10, 2019.
- Natasha Boeckmann will play The Woman in the Village Players production of Turn of the Screw, directed by jef brown. Performance dates: April 26-May 4, 2019.
- Liz Taylor has been cast in The Drama Workshop’s production of Working. Performance dates: May 3-19, 2019
- Jackie Miesle will play Liz in the Footlighters Inc. production of Chicago. Performance dates: May 9-25, 2019.
- Samantha Toberman will perform in the ensemble of the Cincinnati Music Theatre production of The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Performance dates: May 10-18, 2019.
Samantha Toberman is performing in a production of Almost, Maine, playing Glory, Marci, & Rhonda (as well as the Waitress & the offstage Suzette) at Breckenridge Backstage Theatre in Colorado from January 16-February 17.
January, 2019 Play Reading Report
By Anna Nixon
Our play choice for lack of something new was an Eric Chappell work Something’s Burning. He also wrote Natural Causes and other comedies.
We began to cast and then read Act 1 only to find that every other page on some of the copies was missing – that would have been an interesting reading! However Team Kibby went to work and provided and collated the missing pages for us – thank you, Joyce and Art!
After this blip we found the play light and amusing if not a world-beater.
Our readers were: Laura Hovland, Bill Hartnett, Joyce and Art Kibby, Maris Ryan, Karen Rokich, Fred Rothzeid, John Nixon and yours truly.
Thanks to Laura and Joyce for refreshments and a belated Happy New Year to all. Keep warm and well!
Our next reading will be on Tuesday, Feb. 19th. at 7.30pm. when we will read a script suggested by Karen Zaugg.
MPI Membership Renewal – Please stay and play with us for another year!
The 2018-2019 membership year began July 1st and we hope you will renew! If you haven’t sent your renewal ($15 for individual or $25 for family), please do so as soon as possible so you can continue to receive the Limelight Review, party invitations, and other news! See the membership form for more information.